This position directs, plans, controls, staffs and organizes the activities and development of subordinates to achieve the overall safety, cost, production, and quality objectives of the maintenance area(s). Incumbent also coordinates the activities of other production and staff departments to assure continuity with plant objectives. Additionally, is responsible for all equipment, building, support staff, communication internally and externally, motivation of staff and maintenance personnel, as well as long range strategic planning activities for the maintenance area(s). Continuous success is only achieved through proper strategic planning.
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
• Maintain Maintenance Objectives – Establish plan and implement control points for meeting maintenance requirements. Communicate objectives to all personnel, interact and coordinate activities with the production departments, engineering/maintenance and other service departments. Direct resources from within and outside of the departments to improve and correct any deficiencies. Initiate root cause countermeasures to reduce N.O.T. Report and monitor results.
• Direct Administration of Company and Contractor Teammates – Manage Engineering Techs, key points and contractors. Select and Developing teammates. Identify developmental needs for the organizations. Counsel, Teach, Coach, & Motivate all personnel. Insure fair and equitable practices. Conduct mid-term and annual performance evaluations. Recommend promotions, increases, etc. Responsible for ensuring that all direct reports work in a discriminatory-free environment and for reporting/addressing any potentially discriminatory situations. Responsible for adhering to the Company's Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policies. Assume duties of the plant engineer in his/her absence.
• Management of Contracted Labor Operations – Prepare projects for contract bids and selection. Establishes project plans and execution of plans. Directs outside contractors to ensure all schedules and budgets are met in a timely manner and quality of work is in accordance with all Plant and BSA standards of safety and quality. Analyze manpower requirements and make recommendations to make refinements as needed.
• Provide a Safe Work Environment – Promote safety awareness. Initiate and Monitor safety programs. Insure safety meetings are conducted. Investigate and countermeasure all accidents and safety violations for both maintenance and janitorial departments, outside contractors and assist with the production departments. Report results. Develop plan for improvements, meet and exceed plant and corporate goals.
• Assure Continuity of Operation – Refine and optimize existing operations. Plan for growth, manpower and equipment requirements.
• Maintain Quality Standards – Educate and Develop all personnel in standard practices, process capability and defect analysis. Coordinate the investigation of all A rank, downtime, and frequency problems to identify and eliminate root causes. Work with all production areas to reduce waste, Promote good housekeeping, and secure necessary assistance in developing and implementing plans for continuous improvement.
• Ensure Cost Effectiveness – Develop the maintenance and janitorial budget. Direct and control all activities consistent with the plant manager's policy, budget, waste, scrap, downtime, frequency objectives. Monitor and analyze responsible department and plant performance, countermeasures adverse trend or problems areas for expected results. Obtain and develop resources as necessary to meet department and plant objectives. Establish effective cost reductions program, maintain lowest cost per MLBS.
• Working Conditions - Physical Activity: Requires the incumbent to be on call 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week and have the ability to handle stressful situations. Proper planning and execution are vital. Incumbent must be able to react with decisions that have long range and short range implications.
• 8 - 10 years experience in Maintenance or Engineering to include 5 years experience as Manager/Supervisor in Maintenance or Engineering departments • Bachelor degree in Engineering or related technical field Qualifications Preferred: • 14 - 16 years experience in Maintenance or Engineering to include 5 years experience as Manager/Supervisor in Maintenance or Engineering departments