Updated: Nov 4, 2019
Bachelor’s degree in electronic, mechanic, automotion or similar engineering
Fluent in local language & Fluent in English (writing, speaking & reading)
Minimum of 3 years as a plant processes engineer in automotive industry
Minimum of 5 years in other similar position
Willing to travel
Automation systems programming and design (PLC, HMI, robots, servo-drives, vision systems, etc.); mechanical engineering; specific knowledge of processes in area of responsibility; lean manufacturing methods, Six Sigma problem solving, analysis and statistics tools; ISO TS requirements
Develop and improve production processes in terms of productivity, quality and reduction of associated costs on an ongoing basis through optimal design respecting applicable standards.
• Establish the specifications and technological requirements to be developed for new processes. Ensure implementation of Ficosa process standards.
• Collaborate on analyzing production problems (productivity and quality) for the plant, proposing appropriate corrective measures to improve the process through global standards.
• Participate in the Projects meetings.
• Cooperate closely with Product Engineers applying DFM/A principles to boost productivity of the processes and reduce associated costs. Participate actively in decision-making for manufacturing workshops.
• Take part in quote process for new projects, analyzing the product’s design to guarantee optimal industrialization, and analyze the costs and investments associated with the industrialization.
• Take part in R&D projects for new products, contributing to the necessary solutions from a processes standpoint.
• Take part in the benchmarking teams, helping analyze matters related to the processes.Research and develop new technology for production processes, with the aim of improving the existing ones.Propose improvements to current process standards.
• Support continuous improvement activities in the production processes at the plant of responsibility.
• Observe Ficosa’s Code of Ethics to avoid fraudulent practices. Comply with Information Security Management System (ISMS) applicable to the job, along with the training related thereto.
• Actively cooperate in maintaining, promoting and improving the OHSE and Quality department.
(*) The duties described are only the most typical of this position and are in no way a comprehensive list.