Motlow “Career in a Year” Program Provides FastTrack to High-Wage Opportunities
LYNCHBURG, TN (April 21, 2020) – Job seekers who are exploring new career opportunities may find the Motlow “Career in a Year” program the quickest and most feasible route to high-wage, high demand employment.
Not all careers require a two or four-year degree. Motlow’s “Career in a Year” initiative promotes several career and technical education programs that train students in a year or less.
“The ‘Career in a Year’ concept supports individuals who are looking to explore, create, or build a new profession in a short period of time,” said Melody Edmonds, assistant vice president of Academic Affairs. “We offer a variety of one-year certificate programs that can provide the right path for any of these motivations.”
Adult learners age 25 and older can use the Tennessee Reconnect scholarship to attend Motlow tuition-free.
Motlow has seven certificate programs that provide attractive one-year options:
• Mechatronics Career options include: Industrial maintenance technician, engineering technician, manufacturing technology technician and product design technician.
• Paramedic Career options include: Emergency 911 services, hospitals, ambulance services, fire departments, private industry paramedic and flight paramedic.
• Supply Chain Management Career options include: automotive OEM’s, automotive suppliers, consumer products companies, healthcare industry, transportation and warehousing. External Affairs and Workforce Innovation P.O. Box 8500 ⬧ Lynchburg, TN 37352-8500 • Emergency Medical Technician Career options include: Emergency 911 services, hospitals, ambulance services, fire departments, private industry paramedic and flight paramedic.
• Emergency Medical Technician Advanced Career options include: Emergency 911 services, hospitals, ambulance services, fire departments, private industry paramedic and flight paramedic.
• Early Childhood Education Technical Career options include: teacher's aide, childcare professional, private childcare, pre-K assistant and daycare worker.
• Customer Service Career options include: banking, healthcare, retail, entrepreneurial industries and call center. For more information about the Motlow “Career in a Year” program go to mscc.edu/careerinayear or contact the Motlow Admissions Office at (931) 393-1520 or email email@example.com.