by Lori Anderson, Realtor
516 Sunny Side Heights, McMinnville, TN 37110
What are some of your favorite tips/advice for sellers?
· Don’t overprice.
· Don’t take things personally. This is a business transaction.
· Decide how long you want to take to sell your property. If you are aggressive then lower the price. If you are non-aggressive then start your price higher.
What are some simple recommendations for sellers when presenting their home to buyers?
· Freshen the paint where needed or neutralize a bold color. Painting the whole house may not be necessary.
· Decluttering is huge. Less is certainly more. You want the buyers to see the home not unnecessary objects that are your personal style. The home should be the star not your items.
· Landscaping should be neat and tidy. New plants aren’t necessary, but clean out leaves, dead plants/tree limbs and think about how to improve your curb appeal.
· Removing pets is recommended. Buyers may have pets themselves, but they do not want to see or smell your pets when visiting their future home. Remove any stains and smells left by your furry family member.
What should your realtor be doing for their seller?
· You should always have their best interest in mind, be honest. The main objective is to sell their property.
What is one last thing you would recommend to prepare your seller listing their property?
· Have a home inspection done before listing so that the seller won’t have any surprises and could address/fix any issues. Also, offer a home warranty.